About the programme
This Bachelor’s degree in Textile and Material Engineering at Tampere University of Applied Sciences focuses on the different textile manufacturing processes, ecological and biobased textile fibers.
The Textile and Material Engineering program at Tampere University of Applied Sciences will give you the ability to work as a professional in purchasing, in marketing and in managing of development and production in textile industry.
Your studies will progress from basics knowledge of materials to value chains of global textile industry as well as sustainability challenges of global business.
After graduation, you will have several career options as material and textile specialist in industry, in business or in public organizations. To give a few examples, you could start your career as sales engineer, design engineer or production engineer and proceed in various managerial positions.
Future career in sustainable textile business
Are you interested in a career in global textile business? Our Bachelor’s degree programme provides you with working life skills and gives you the confidence to start your own career in the textile business.
New in 2024!
UAS Exam participation requires 1) language proficiency test and 2) biometric passport
- English language test results:
- IELTS Academic: a minimum total score of 6.0 (Test sections: Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking)
- TOEFL Academic (iBT): a minimum total score of 60 (Test sections: Reading, Listening, Speaking, and Writing)
- PTE Academic: a minimum total score of 55 (Test sections: Speaking and Writing, Reading, and Listening)
- Cambridge C1 Advanced: a minimum total score of 169 (Test sections: Reading and Use of English, Writing, Listening, and Speaking)
- Cambridge C2 Proficiency: a minimum total score of 169 (Test sections: Reading and Use of English, Writing, Listening, and Speaking)
- Passport requirements:
- A biometric passport (ICAO 9303 standard compliant)
- A biometric EU/EEA identification card (ICAO 9303 standard compliant)
The passport/identification card has to comply with the ICAO 9303 standard. Other passports/identification cards are not accepted. All ICAO compliant documents carry the following logo. The logo is located outside of the front cover of the biometric passport or on the front or back cover of the biometric identification card.
“I would suggest everyone applies to TAMK. They have the best degree programs and the best learning environments. Moreover, Tampere is the best student city for anyone who wants to have part-time job during studies and still enjoy good quality of life.“
Student ambassador testimonial
- The studies focus on material and textile knowledge and engineering tools integrating sustainable design with new products and services.
- Various laboratory work and other practical assignments give an opportunity for “hands on” learning.
- A part of the studies is organized in close collaboration with bioproduct engineering, environmental engineering and business education. Working in multidisciplinary student groups give competences needed in working life.
Get started today!
Fill in the form to request more information about tuition fees, course details and more.